Sunday, February 17, 2013

The OPC...A year later!!!

To the Glory of God...

One year ago today, the session of Nashua Presbyterian Church in Edinburgh, Pa examined and welcomed me by reaffirmation of faith. I will always vividly remember that Friday evening with them at Rev. Miller's home in Volant, Pennsylvania. As they were examining me, I likewise was examining them. I had grown quite weary of the crass revisionism and brazen cliquish- laden hypocrisy of the now apostate PCUSA and was prepared to bail at the slightest hint of its pungency. I was quickly assured that their resolve to preserve the faith as Christ intended is sober and deliberate. The fact that the membership rolls of the OPC  have practically doubled within a generation underscores this commitment.


Since that time, the blessings and peace that come only by way of Christ continue to multiply. I have found myself immersed in discourse ranging from the baptism of infants to exclusive psalmody. The gauges among the "combatants"  being the Westminster and Dordrecht standards being necessarily subordinate to the Scriptures. All parties therein holding fast to that makes the spoliation of it all that which enriches and emboldens- not that which polarizes or diminishes....... To mark this occassion,I was planning on reprinting my renunciation of the PCUSA. I've since decided not to sully this post with their mention.

To Rev Steve F Miller, Ohio Presbytery Stated Clerk, the Rev Everett De Velde, Joe Shakelford, Dan Shofstahl, and all the rest of the Session of this small but mighty congregation nestled in the picturesque Appalachian foothills... I thank God for you all!!! I see your coming into my life as no less than a fruit of election.
                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment