Saturday, August 10, 2013

Glencairn's Psalm


Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Since expressing dissent in the matter of exclusive Psalmody in worship on Biblical grounds, people have asked me what my favorite Psalm is.
 As an avid outdoorsman, I praise and thank God He allowed me to live, roam and hunt on some of the richest, most challenging and picturesque terrain on earth. The Autumn sheaves and foliage of this past year, incidentally, was by far the most beautiful that THIS Appalachian ridge runner has ever seen! That being said, as strongly as I know God commands us to sing hymns as well as the Psalms of David,  I love this one to the point I wouldn't mind it being sung a bit more often on the Lord's Day. At Nashua, it's sung to the tune of Clarksville in D Major.
Glory to God!





 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment